Hey there, happy Sunday! I’m winding up the weekend, which consisted of the stomach flu, gatorade, and marathoning The Crown on Netflix. Does anyone else watch? Season 2 is SO good! Anyways, a few people had asked me what my favorite tunics were. I decided to turn it in to a blog post! Leggings and tunics are my favorite weekend outfit right now. They’re so easy to throw on, and so comfy.
Every tunic needs a good pair of leggings. My absolute favorite pair of leggings (of ALL time) are the Lou & Grey Ponte Leggings at Loft. I found them last year on the clearance rack for $12!! Since then, I’ve purchased 3 more pairs so that I always have at least 1-2 clean ones. They’re a nice thick material, great length, higher-waisted (not technically “high-waist,” but the waist goes higher than other leggings), and don’t fall off.
If I want to wear athleisure leggings, I go for the Zella Live In High Waist Leggings from Nordstrom. These seem to regulate sweat pretty well, and stay in place during workouts.
I recently got the Spanx Faux Leather Leggings because they were on sale. These are “fancy” (…can leggings be fancy???) leggings, IMO. They’ve got a control top and definitely hold everything in. Good timing for all of the holiday dinners and parties, right?! If you want something more edgy, there’s also a moto version.
I’d like to get some velvet leggings as well. Let me know if y’all have any recs!
Before I list out my favorite tunics, let’s get something straight: a tunic has to cover the butt. I’ll repeat: IT HAS TO COVER THE BUTT!!! Some retailers are labeling “longer” shirts as tunics. False advertising. Make sure to try tunics on when you can to confirm butt coverage.
- Wool and cashmere tunic – have and love! It’s currently on sale and fits like a dream.
- Convertible fleece tunic – have this in 3 colors. Probably my favorite tunic!
- Textured cowl neck tunic – so comfy/cozy! I have the beige color.
- Side tie tunic – the side ties make this sweater unique.
- Bow sleeve tunic – give me anything with a bow!
- Tunic sweater – the olive color is sitting in my shopping cart screaming my name.
- Side slit cowl neck tunic – tan tunics are always a good idea.
- Long sleeve tunic – this is such a great layering piece for a vest!
- Popover tunic shirt – more of a professional tunic.
- Bar back tunic sweater – the bar in the back gives it a little somethin’ extra!
- Ruched front tunic sweatshirt – the ruching makes it adjustable, so it works for everyone.
Do you have any tunics that you absolutely love? Add a link in the comments and i’ll check them out!